Friday, January 20, 2006
Here's a slide I'll be discussing in my next episode. It outlines a simplified version of the nuclear plant licensing and construction process in the USA, along with time estimates for each major step. I've also included a summary of the financial incentives contained in the new Energy Bill, and a current status of compaies who are talking about new construction.
Hope you join us on the show!
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Show Notes from this week's show:
- The Problem with Iran
- Lithuania wants to keep their RBMK reactor running longer
- Harry Reid and John Ensign, and their nutty "Take Title" Bill
- Hillary singles out Indian Point for political gain
- Seabrook gets a license extension
- Vermont Yankee 20% power up-rate passes important milestone
- An overview of the Canadian nuclear industry
- Growing support for new nuclear plants in UK
- Ukraine talks of enriching their own fuel
- Borselle gets a license extension
- More opinions on why governments are reluctant to support nuclear energy
I tried to fit in some discussion of the incentives contained in the US Energy Bill, but I ran out of time. We'll cover thant next week!
Here's some "recommended reading" (on the right side of the page).